Getting your house spick and span to a professionally clean standard, should not be too troubling. This checklist could be used to aid end of tenancy cleaning, a deep or a simple regular weekly clean, to achieve an immaculate finish, with a few hints and tips to getting that sparkle!
1. Tidy and clear the house, flat, office or space first. Try to organise clutter rather than piling, else the mess and dirt will slowly creep back within a few days.
2. Lift all your cushions, duvets, pillows, etc throughout and shake to remove dust.
3. Starting from the top of your house start dusting, working from the top down will allow dust and dirt to settle on carpets and flooring, allowing it to easily be swept, mopped or vacuumed later. Don’t forget to clear any mouldings ie skirting boards, curtain rails, picture rail, etc if you want to achieve that professional clean standard!
4. Empty bins and rubbish from the property, to help prevent lingering smells. A quick wipe down with a multi-purpose spray or bleach will leave both the bins hygienic and fresh.
5. Wipe and polish all surfaces, including light fittings, switches, window sills, radiators, etc. To achieve a spotless finish on glass, wipe with a mixture of soap and water first, and then use some old newspaper to absorb to gracefully absorb any remaining moisture.
6. If you are attempting a deep or end of tenancy clean it’s worth moving furniture, allowing you to dust and hoover behind them. Else vacuum throughout and use a tool to get closer to the edge of furniture.
7. Wipe down and clean all kitchen surfaces, a multiple purpose spray left on for a couple of minutes should eliminate most stains. Hob bright is ideal for ceramic hobs whilst product such as Shiny Sink is ideal for use on stainless steel and chrome fixtures / fittings, ideal for getting a sparkle on your kitchen sink, stainless steel hob, shower and taps!
8. Having cleaned the hob, wipe down splash backs and extractor fans. Oven cleaning doesn’t need to be a hassle; you should be able to purchase an oven pack for a few pounds that will leave it immaculate. Whilst waiting for the oven cleaner to finish wipe down your microwave inside and out.
9. Scrub down all baths, showers and sinks whilst shining those taps. Wipe down the toilet ceramics and apply bleach to the toilet. If you have heavy lime scale stains there are below the water line chemical cleaning products available, leave this to stand and add elbow grease to leave a polished finish!
10. Finally hoover, mop and sweep for a clean house throughout.
In 10 simple steps you can achieve a professional clean finish throughout your house, just add time, hard work and determination! Else find yourself an affordable professional cleaner to take on the regular house cleaning challenge.
Detailed info on cleaning southampton can be found on the main website.